As I was making my Mom’s Mother’s Day gift (a video about her life…one that I’ve been working on and off for about 2 yrs, long story) I came across tons of photos and videos of my children in their “younger years” and I can’t help but think back to that time in my life and how time is ever fleeting. One of our favorite things that my husband and I like to do is talk about our kids and their cute, quirky ways. I think it’s therapy to cover up all the naughty things they’ve done that day and to remind ourselves that yes, we really DO love our kids.
I look at these pictures and remember how much I enjoyed the baby and toddler years as hard as they might have been at times. I wish I could just go back and feel their chubby little legs or hear their little babbling sounds. Just like babies become toddlers, who become young children, who become teenagers, etc, I would hope that my Mothering evolves right along in a healthy, positive way. The joke with me is “just when you feel like you’ve got a system down it’s time to start a new one.”
This is my first post in the part of a THRIVING Life; a THRIVING Mind. It’s so easy to feel like we fall short in Mothering our children, especially when we get on Pinterest (a love I can’t deny) or watch Martha Stewart and start to compare ourselves with others.
Leading up to Mother’s Day it causes me to pause and reflect on how I measure up in MY OWN mothering standards. This year I’ve decided that I’m not going to let the world make me too busy for the quality time I NEED from my kids. I NEED this time with them so that when they are all grown and out of the house (our oldest will be out of the house in 8 to 9 years! That’s crazy for me to think about. Time is going so fast!) I’m going to MISS this period in my life so much just like I miss the baby years!
I came across a poem from a lovely website called ValuesParenting.com and I loved this quote…..”We’ve all heard the quote, ‘Never put off ’til tomorrow that which you can do today’? How about this version: ‘Always put off a put-off-able in favor of a now-or-never.’” I just love that! My husband and kids are my “now-or-never.”
The reason why I’m bringing this up is #1, Mother’s Day brings out the sentimental in me. #2, we all crave that lifestyle that gives us the flexibility to have time to do the things that are important to us. I can’t help but mention that Shelf Reliance offers that. How???
- THRIVE FOODS offer time saving happiness! Time around the dinner table or any other reconnecting activity!
- THRIVE FOODS offer money savings from your wallet so that you can save up and take a family vacation if you want!
- THRIVE FOODS offer nutrition to help those young and old bodies to stay happy and healthy.
- The Food Rotation System offers organization and sanity! A tool every kitchen or home needs when rotating our foods.
- Lastly, Shelf Reliance offers the opportunity to have this become a THRIVING business for whatever level you’d like to achieve. Whether it be just a couple hundred dollars worth of free cans of food and money to having a dream home built by your business (a recent happening with one of Shelf Reliances’ Platinum Consultants).
So, this Mother’s Day look at where you’ve started and focus on how much you love your children and what you have learned throughout your journey of Motherhood. Warty, stinky imperfections and all!
I am your walking coupon for Shelf Reliance and Thrive Foods. Take advantage of discounts or get on The Q by clicking on the button below!